48 St Paul Street
Serving the Roman Catholic community of
Blackstone, MA, No. Smithfleld, RI and surrounding towns
Affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Worcester, MA
Most Reverend Robert J. McManus, S.T.D., Bishop
Parish Motto: "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13)
Pastor: Fr. D. Timothy O'Mara
Parish Mission Statement
We, the Parish Community of St. Paul of Blackstone, MA, are called to be a viable, visible community of faith,
hope and love rooted in the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ and centered on the Holy Eucharist. Our charism is to
serve others and preach the Gospel in the evangelical spirit of our patron, St. Paul. Our hope is that our Parish
always be a welcoming place and an inclusive community with arms open to embrace those who come to us.
Prayer to St. Paul, Patron of Evangelists
O glorious St. Paul, after persecuting the Church you became by God's grace its most zealous
Apostle. To carry the knowledge of Jesus, our Divine Savior, to the uttermost parts of the earth.
You joyfully endured prison, scourgings, stonings, and a shipwreck, as well as all manner of persecutions
culminating in the shedding of the last drop of your blood for our Lord Jesus Christ.
Obtain for us the grace to labor strenuously to bring the faith to others and to accept any trials and
tribulations that may come our way. Help us to be inspired by your Epistles and to partake of your indomitable
love for Jesus, so that after we have finished our course we may join you in praising Him in heaven for all
Please read a brief history of our parish
Be sure to check the Reminders for general reminders for our Parish!
- CHristmas & New Year’s Schedule of Masses
- Tuesday, December 24, 4PM, Mass with Children’s Pageant
- Tuesday, December 24, 12AM, Midnight Mass
- Wednesday, December 25, 9AM, Christmas Day Mass
- Tuesday, December 31, 4PM, Vigil Mass—New Year
- Wednesday, January 1, 8AM, New Year’s Day Mass
Be sure to check the Events listing for Events in our Parish!
- Bible Study continues on Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, St. Paul's Parish Center in
Henry's Room. Our New Theme is: Pain and Suffering: Where is God when it hurts? Please join us.
- B.L.U.E.S. Group If you or someone you know is facing or dealing with a major challenge or trial in life,
please join us Light refreshments served. Check the bulletin for times or call the rectory with any questions, 508-883-6726.
- Parish Council meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of every month at 7:00pm in the Henry room.
- St. Vincent dePaul Meetings are held on the 3rd
Tuesday of the month at 7 PM. Please keep in mind our big fundraiser is in May.
- Children's Choir is forming. We are looking for kids in grades 4
and up who like to sing and one additional parent to help at practice
(no singing experience necessary). Mr. Arsenault, who has worked
with the kids for our Christmas Pageant and May Procession, will be
leading the kids in song. Kids will practice once a week on Thursdays
and will perform once a month. Sign-ups are available at classes or via
e-mail (please include name/phone/e-mail).
- Altar Servers are needed for our weekend liturgies. Anyone (Yes, adults too!)
who has had their First Communion is welcome to join our Altar Server team. Please
contact the rectory if you are interested.
- Marriage Encounter can Energize your Sacrament. Call Ray
& Beth Ginepro at 1-800-710-9963 (WWME) or check out wwmema.org.
The Sparkling Angels
our faithful band of volunteerministers
who help St. Paul's with the weekly clean-up of our
beautiful Church meets every week either on Thursdays at 6:30pm
or Fridays at 1:00pm to lend their talent and time.
We're still looking for willing folks to volunteer for the
committee. Won't you consider giving your Parish a few hours per
month to help keep our Church squeaky clean? Sign up at the St.
Joseph table today!
Got Food Sunday?
The last weekend of every month is "Got Food Sunday?" at St. Paul's Parish. Parishioners
are encouraged to bring in donations of non-perishable food items and place them in the
receptacles at the St. Mary Shrine in the Church's sanctuary. All of our donations are given
to the Blackstone-Millville Food Pantry for distribution.
"Got Food Sunday?" is an integral part of our Parish's commitment to perform the works of
mercy and to reach out to our local needy. We firmly believe the words of Jesus who said:
"Whatsoever you do for the least of mine, you do for Me." (Matthew 25:40)
Fund Raising Activities
- Can Drive - Redeemable cans can be left outside the Rectory Garage.
- Empty Ink Cartridges - Collection boxes are in the front foyer of the church.
- Brigido’s register tapes - Collection boxes are in the front foyer of the church.
Pastor: Fr. D. Timothy O'Mara
Parish Office Staff:
Religious Education Coordinator: Debbie Campano
Altar Server Coordinator: John Laurence
Mary Beth Ducharme
Marriage Preparation: Thomas & Margaret Lee
|Monday - Thursday
Friday 9:00 am Communion Service
||Vigil mass - Time TBA
Holy day - 8 am
Or By Appointment